Eligibility requirements are described on this page. [click here]
- Stevenson House’s waiting list is temporarily closed.
Please check back for updates. We will post when the waiting list is open.
Be aware that the waiting list can be long.
The purpose of Stevenson House is to provide housing to those who do not have other affordable housing options. A range of seniors in various situations might be on the waiting list at a given time, including those living in homeless shelters, cars, and temporary housing. (If you need immediate housing, contact these agencies.)
How to apply to join the waiting list: Interested applicants should visit Stevenson House in person to see the facility. This ensures the housing and service meet the applicant’s needs. Please call Inna Hiller, Resident Services Assistant, at (650) 494-1944 ext. 20 to schedule a tour. The tour and informational interview will take about one hour. Following the tour, applicants are given a pre-application packet.
When Stevenson House receives a pre-application, the applicant’s name is placed on the Waiting List. When an applicant’s name nears the top of the Waiting List, he/she is contacted and asked to complete a Final Application Packet. Following successful completion of the Final Application Packet, the Resident Services staff will meet with the applicant regarding a specific apartment availability, the lease, and move-in details.
- The minimum age for admission is 62.
- Applicants must be able to take care of themselves and maintain their apartment.
- Applicants must be willing to comply with the terms of the lease, whether independent, with the assistance of a third party (paid by applicant), or as a result of a reasonable accommodation provided by the facility.
- Applicants must show proof of financial responsibility.
- Minimum: Stevenson House cost for rent and meals must not exceed 65% of the applicant’s current income (unless receiving Section 8 assistance).
- Maximum/Section 202 Units: Income for one person cannot exceed $52,550; income for a couple cannot exceed $60,050.
- Maximum/Section 8 Units: Income for one person cannot exceed $35,500; income for a couple cannot exceed $40,550.